St. Birgitta, Regula Sancti Salvatoris, etc
- St. Birgitta, Regula Sancti Salvatoris, etc
- Bridget, of Sweden, Saint, ca. 1303-1373
- Published / Created
- ca. 1450
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment of 1) St. Birgitta, Regula Sancti Salvatoris. 2) Urban V, Ut nihil a noviciis omnino exigatur. 3) Pseudo-Augustine, Disciplina monasterii. 4) Additiones domini Prioris Petri super Regula sancti Saluatoris. 5) [One leaf of another manuscript laid in:] Revelacio Sancte Birgitte.
Binding: Fifteenth century. Original sewing on four slit, tawed straps laced into beech boards as are the tawed cores of plain, wound endbands. Covered in cream-colored skin, cut or worn away so that the endbands are visible on the spine. Traces of five bosses on each board and of a strap-and-pin fastening, the strap attached to the lower board with a brass plate. Pin and strap wanting. Front pastedown: fragment of 15th-century manuscript, on paper; back pastedown: fragment of another 15th-century manuscript glued in upside down. Watercolor sketch of St. Birgitta (115 x 67 mm.) pasted on front cover, probably 16th century.
Collection of comte Paul Riant (1836-1888) whose Scandinavian library was presented to Yale by Mrs. Henry Farnam, 1896.
Primary plain initials, 11- to 1-line, in red; rubrics throughout.
Script: Written by a single scribe in batarde (no loops).
236 x 160 (177 x 118) mm.
ff. 28 + i (1 leaf of 15th century parchment manuscript laid in),
parchment, some col.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 5
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Monasticism and religious orders
Monasticism and religious orders for women
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 5. and St. Birgitta, Regula Sancti Salvatoris, etc. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information