Going for reinforcements
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Going for reinforcements
- Going for reinforcements
- Schreyvogel, Charles, 1861-1912, artist
- Moffat, Yard and Company, publisher.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- New York?, ©1901, and United States New York (State) New York
- Moffat, Yard and Company?
Reproduction of Charles Schreyvogel's oil painting "Going for reinforcements." Depicts a scene of battle between Native Americans and U.S. Army troops in the west in which two soldiers are galloping on horses away from Native Americans who are in pursuit
BEIN WA Print +214: In lower left corner of print, blind stamped: Copyright 1901 by Chs. Schreyvogel.
Title from the oil painting on which the print is based.
Imprint devised by cataloger from an advertisement in Publishers’ Weekly (No. 1817; Nov. 24, 1906) for prints by Charles Schreyvogel of western frontier life by Moffat, Yard, & Company of New York.
- 1 photograph : 48 x 36 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- black and white ;, paper, iron and platinum salts, platinum process, and single sided
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- West (U.S.)
- Subject (Name)
- United States. Army.
- Subject (Topic)
Indians of North America
United States. Army > Pictorical works
Indians of North America > War > Pictorical works
West (U.S.) > Pictorial works
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)