Assassination of James King of Wm. by James P. Casey : San Francisco, May 14th, 1856
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Assassination of James King of Wm. by James P. Casey : San Francisco, May 14th, 1856
- Assassination of James King of Wm. by James P. Casey : San Francisco, May 14th, 1856
- Britton & Rey, publisher, lithographer.
- Published / Created
- [approximately 1856]
- Publication Place
- San Francisco and United States California San Francisco
- Pub. by Britton & Rey
Horizontal print has four vignettes of scenes from the assassination. Assassination: depicts the actual crime in the streets of San Francisco. Surrender of the Jail: depicts mob scene as vigilance committee demands the sheriff to hand the prisoner to them. Funeral of Js. King: depicts the large crowds gathered along the street for the funeral procession. Execution: depicts the hanging of James Casey from the Vigilance Committee Rooms. The vignettes flank a central column of text which describes these scenes in detail
Title from caption of text column.
Printed area measures 26.2 x 39.5 cm.
- 1 print : 28 x 43 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- WA Prints +441
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- black and white lithograph ;, paper, ink, and lithography
- Resource Type
- still image and text
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
King, James, 1822-1856
Casey, James P.
- Subject (Topic)
King, James, 1822-1856 > Pictorial works
Casey, James P. > Pictorial works
Crime > California > San Francisco
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)