Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Buffalo chase
- Buffalo chase
- Eastman, Seth, 1808-1875, artist
- Hinshelwood, Robert, 1812-1879, engraver.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Philadelpha and United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia
- Lippincott, Grambo & Company
Reproduction of a painting by Seth Eastman that depicts in the foreground two Native Americans on horseback, one with a long gun, the other with bow and arrow, hunting buffalo. In the background, the scene is of the riverine plains. The upper three-quarters of the image are of sky
Title from caption below image.
Below image, centered: Pl. 9.
- 1 print : 14 x 22 cm, on sheet 25 x 32 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- steel engraving ;, paper, ink, engraving, and single sided
- Resource Type
- still image and text
- Subject (Geographic)
- West (U.S.)
- Subject (Topic)
American bison hunting
Indians of North America
American bison hunting > Pictorial works
Indians of North America > Pictorial works
West (U.S.) > Pictorial works
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)