Lithographs of Osage Indians visiting Paris
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Lithographs of Osage Indians visiting Paris
- Lithographs of Osage Indians visiting Paris
- Delpech, François Séraphin, 1778-1825
- Boilly, Louis, 1761-1845.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- François Séraphin Delpech
Hand-colored and numbered lithographs by François Séraphin Delpech of group portraits of Osage men and women, based on paintings by Louis Boilly, 1827. The images document a visit by a group of four American Indian men and two women to France and their arrival in Paris on August 13, 1827. Each print depicts three individuals. Number 89, for which there are two examples, depicts Kishagashugah (Little Chief), his female cousin of his wife Grétomih, and Minckchatahooh (Little Warrior). Number 90 depicts Myhangah (Hawk Woman), the wife of Kishagashugah, Washingasbha (Black Spirit), and Marchanthitahtoongah (Big Warrior).
BEIN WA Prints +64: Imperfect: number 89 only.
Title devised by cataloger.
- 3 prints : 36.0 x 27 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- WA Prints +64
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- lithograph, hand-colored ;
- Subject (Name)
Boilly, Louis, 1761-1845.
Delpech, François Séraphin, 1778-1825.
- Subject (Topic)
Indians in art
Indians of North America
Boilly, Louis, 1761-1845
Delpech, François Séraphin, 1778-1825
Grétomih > Pictorial works
Kishagashugah > Pictorial works
Marchanthitahtoongah > Pictorial works
Minckchatahooh > Pictorial works
Myhangah > Pictorial works
Washingasbha > Pictorial works
Indians in art
Indians of North America > Pictorial works
Indians of North America > Portraits
Osage Indians > Pictorial works
Osage Indians > Portraits
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- François Séraphin Delpech, Lithographs of Osage Indians Visiting Paris. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)