[Daguerreotype portrait of Judge A. P. Butler].
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > [Daguerreotype portrait of Judge A. P. Butler].
- [Daguerreotype portrait of Judge A. P. Butler].
- Alternative Title
- Judge Butler South Carolina U.S. Senate taken in the Capitol at Washington March 1849
- Brady, Mathew B., 1823-1896
- Published / Created
South Carolina state judge (1835-1846); South Carolina Senator, Democrat (1845-1857).
Daguerreotypes in modern archival housing.
Paper mats that previously accompanied the daguerreotypes provide additional captions and are housed in adjacent folders.
approx.18.5 x 13.3 cm.
whole plate daguerreotype
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- GEN MSS 243
- Collection Title
- Henry Elias Howland daguerreotype collection
- Collection/Other Creator
- Howland, Henry Elias, 1835-1913
- Collection Created
- [Washington, D.C. ; Philadelphia : s.n., 1848-1850]
- Container / Volume
- Folder 5
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Butler, A. P. (Andrew Pickens), 1796-1857
- Subject (Topic)
Legislators --United States --Portraits
Portrait photography --United States --History --19th century.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)