Solitude ahead of rapid no. 26 in Grand Canyon
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Solitude ahead of rapid no. 26 in Grand Canyon
- Solitude ahead of rapid no. 26 in Grand Canyon
- Published / Created
A man stands at the head of rapids, the cliffs of the canyon rising up on either side.
Frederick Samuel Dellenbaugh, a member of John Wesley Powells second expedition down
In white recto: L A 4 738 (and ) 762. In ink verso: Solitude / Head of rapid no. 26 in / Grand Canyon. In pencil verso: Julius Stone / photo / op. p. 242 / Sockdologer?
1 photographic print
approx. 12 x 16.5 cm
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- WA Photos 271
- Collection Title
- Frederick Samuel Dellenbaugh collection of photographs and drawings of the Colorado River region.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Dellenbaugh, Frederick Samuel, 1853-1935
- Collection Date
- Container / Volume
- Box 4 | Folder 123
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Frederick Samuel Dellenbaugh Collection of Photographs and Drawings of the Colorado River Region. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)