- Psalter, etc.
- Published / Created
- second half of the 13th century
- Publication Place
- [Trier], Germany
- Manuscript on parchment (sturdy) of Calendar; Psalter; Six canticles; and Litany. and Parchment (sturdy), ff. 125 (125 = back pastedown), 196 x 141 (128 x 89) mm. Written in 20 long lines; double horizontal bounding lines, single vertical, all full across. Ruled in ink; prickings (slashes) in upper, lower, and outer margins.
- Script: Written by a single scribe in bold, early gothic bookhand. Notes by several later scribes, some of which have been erased. Full page initial B (f. 2v) in blue with pink and blue interior vine-stem patterns, on gold ground surrounded by red rectangular frame outlined in black. Smaller gold initials, 10- to 8-line, for Psalms 26, 38, 51, 52, 80, 97, 101, 109 (ff. 21r, 33v, 43r, 43v, 53v, 68r, 70r, 83r), of similar design, on blue ground with vine-stem patterns of olive green, white, and red, and rectangular frame of red and white. Other psalms introduced by gold initials, 9- to 3-line, outlined in red, infilled and surrounded by blue penwork designs; headings and first letter of each verse in red. Most decorative initials are severely rubbed.
- 196 x 141 (128 x 89) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 211
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Prayers and devotions
- Subject (Topic)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Psalter, etc. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 211.
- Orbis Record
- More Information