Historia scholastica, etc.
- Historia scholastica, etc.
- Peter, of Poitiers, ca. 1130-1205 and Petrus, Comestor, 12th cent
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment (trimmed) of Petrus Comestor, Historia Scholastica. Text missing at beginning of 2 Kings (one folio following f. 85), and at end of 2 Kings and beginning of 3 Kings (one bifolium following f. 90). With a paraphrase of the Acts of the Apostles attributed to Petrus Pictaviensis. Written for Abbey of Mont-Saint-Quentin in Northeastern France. and Title page in half-uncials, rows alternating orange and blue.
Binding: ca. 19th-20th century. Gilt, gauffered edges. Brown goatskin blind-tooled, with elaborate bosses a
Modern blanks not digitized.
Written in or just before 1229 in Northeastern France for the Abbey of Mont-Saint-Quentin, as indicated on the title page and given by Petrus.
450 x 305 (314 x 203) mm.
Parchment, ff. iii (parchment) + 203 + iii (parchment)
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 214
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Petrus,--Comestor,--12th cent
- Subject (Topic)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Petrus Comestor, Historia Scholastica, etc. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 214.
- Orbis Record
- More Information