- Ould Virginia
- Vaughan, Robert, 17th cent., engraver
- Published / Created
- "A description of part of the adventures of Cap. Smith in Virginia." and Nine engraved vignettes with inset map.
- Map of "Ould Virginia" (Church 3rd/Sabin 4th state) facing p. 21
1 map (folded)
28 x 36 cm., on sheet 28 x 37 cm., folded to 26 x 15 cm.
- Call Number
- Taylor 320
- Collection Title
- The generall historie of Virginia, New-England, and the Summer Isles : with the names of the adventurers, planters, and governours from their first beginning ano. 1584 to this present 1626 : with the procedings of those severall colonies and the accidents
- Collection/Other Creator
- Smith, John, 1580-1631
- Collection Created
- London : Printed by I.[ohn] D.[awson] and I.[ohn] H.[aviland] for Edward Blackmore, anno 1632
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Maps in books
Prints (Visual works)
- Subject (Geographic)
- Virginia --History --Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
- Subject (Topic)
Discoveries in geography.
First contact of aboriginal peoples with Westerners.
Indians of North America --Virginia --Early works to 1800.
Voyages and travels
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record