Iohn Huighen van Linschoten, his Discours of Voyages into ye Easte & West Indies ...
- Iohn Huighen van Linschoten, his Discours of Voyages into ye Easte & West Indies ...
- Rogers, William, b. ca. 1545, engraver
- Elaborately engraved title page includes depictions of "The Kinge of Cochin" (present-day Goa, India) and "The Kinge of Tangil" (in present-day Alagoas, Brazil), as well as three ships and several animals.
Engraved title page has stains especially notable on verso.
In ink at top right corner: [3 initials] Cox.
In pencil on verso: Meagher.
The title page is engraved and signed: Willms Rogers ciuis Londinensis inuentor et sculptor.
- Call Number
- Z3 017
- Collection Title
- John Huighen van Linschoten, his Discours of Voyages into ye Easte & West Indies
- Collection/Other Creator
- Linschoten, Jan Huygen van, 1563-1611
- Collection Created
- [London] : Printed at London by [John Windet for] Iohn Wolfe, printer to ye Honorable Cittie of London, 
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record