[Typed letter signed], 1943 April 16, London [to] Viola, Tenafly, New Jersey
- [Typed letter signed], 1943 April 16, London [to] Viola, Tenafly, New Jersey
- Alternative Title
- [Typed letter signed], 1943 April 28, London [to] Viola, Tenafly, New Jersey
- H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961
- Published / Created
- 1943 April 16 [and] 1943 April 28
- Publication Place
- Letter of April 16: Thanks for package, describes a rehearsal for the show ""Famous Poets"" to be given 1943 April 17, looks forward to a poets party; and Letter of April 28: thanks for clothing sent by Viola, explains asked not to thank for individual gifts, describes the poetry reading and meeting the Queen and Princesses, credits Osbert and Edith Sitwell with arranging the reading, mentions paper shortage, explains has been ill with neuralgia, informs discussed Ezra Pound with T. S. Eliot
At foot of first letter: ""Hilda Aldington""
At foot of second letter: ""From: H.D. Aldington""
Both letters signed: ""Hilda""
Envelope dated 1943 April 28; cut open; affixed with sticker: ""Opened by Examiner 1571""
Return address: ""H.D. Aldington / & W. Macpherson, (English)""
 l. + envelope
- Call Number
- YCAL MSS 175
- Collection Title
- Viola Baxter Jordan Papers
- Collection/Other Creator
- Jordan, Viola Baxter, 1887-1973
- Collection Date
- Collection Note
- Series I. Correspondence. Viola Baxter Jordan correspondence
- Container / Volume Information
- Box 1 | Folder 34
- Finding Aid
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Subject (Name)
Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965
Elizabeth I, Queen of England, 1533-1603
Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain, 1926-
Elizabeth, Queen, consort of George VI, King of Great Britain, 1900-2002
H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961
Jordan, Viola Baxter, 1887-1973
Margaret, Princess, Countess of Snowdon, 1930-2002
Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972
Sitwell, Edith, Dame, 1887-1964
Sitwell, Osbert, 1892-1969
- Subject (Topic)
Oral interpretation of poetry
World War, 1939-1945--Food supply
World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record