[Typed letter signed], 1943 June 2, London [to] Viola, Tenafly, New Jersey
- [Typed letter signed], 1943 June 2, London [to] Viola, Tenafly, New Jersey
- H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961
- Published / Created
- 1943 June 2
- Publication Place
- Thanks for cards, mentions domestic workers Mrs. Ash and Miss Butler, discusses collecting greeting cards, thanks Viola's friend for anthology, mentions Norman Holmes Pearson's collecting for the Yale library, mentions paper shortage and quality of US book production, citing a copy of Klaus Mann's ""Andre Gide""
Envelope dated 1943 June 2; cut open; affixed with sticker: ""Opened by Examiner 1554""
Letterhead: ""Mrs. H. Aldington""
Return address: ""H. Aldington / & W. Macpherson, (English)""
 p. + envelope
- Call Number
- YCAL MSS 175
- Collection Title
- Viola Baxter Jordan Papers
- Collection/Other Creator
- Jordan, Viola Baxter, 1887-1973
- Collection Date
- Collection Note
- Series I. Correspondence. Viola Baxter Jordan correspondence
- Container / Volume Information
- Box 1 | Folder 34
- Finding Aid
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Subject (Name)
Gide, Andre, 1869-1951
H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961
Jordan, Viola Baxter, 1887-1973
Mann, Klaus, 1906-1949
Pearson, Norman Holmes, 1909-1975
- Subject (Topic)
Collectors and collecting
Publishers and publishing
World War, 1939-1945--Food supply
World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record