[Typed letter signed], 1943 December 30, London [to] Viola, Tenafly, New Jersey
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > [Typed letter signed], 1943 December 30, London [to] Viola, Tenafly, New Jersey
- [Typed letter signed], 1943 December 30, London [to] Viola, Tenafly, New Jersey
- H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961
- Published / Created
- 1943 December 30
- Publication Place
Thanks for box with puff-cakes and soup and cigarettes, describes decorating the Christmas tree and other celebrations, discusses Darlan and the French position, expresses homesickness for United States, wonders about Ezra Pound, attempts to send a book ""Front Line: 1940-1941"" by the British Ministry of Home Security, thanks Viola for her support
Envelope dated 1943 December 30; cut open; affixed with sticker: ""Opened by Examiner 6244""
Letterhead: ""Mrs. H. Aldington""
Return address: ""Mrs. H. Aldington / ...(ENGLISH)""
4 p. + envelope
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- YCAL MSS 175
- Collection Title
- Viola Baxter Jordan Papers
- Collection/Other Creator
- Jordan, Viola Baxter, 1887-1973
- Collection Date
- Collection Note
- Series I. Correspondence. Viola Baxter Jordan correspondence
- Container / Volume
- Box 1 | Folder 35
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)