[Typed letter signed], 1944 [April 10], Easter Monday, London [to] Viola, Tenafly, New Jersey
- [Typed letter signed], 1944 [April 10], Easter Monday, London [to] Viola, Tenafly, New Jersey
- Alternative Title
- [Typed letter signed], 1944 [April 9], Easter Sunday, London [to] Viola, Tenafly, New Jersey
- H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961
- Published / Created
- 1944 [April 9-10]
- Publication Place
- Monday: Mentions Viola's son, discusses dating habits of Viola's daughter Sue' and Perdita, discusses Ezra Pound and William Carlos Williams, thinks Williams feels ""foreign,"" welcomes a visiting friend of Viola's and Sunday: Informs Viola is entered in her new calendar list of birthdays, shares historic figures with the same birthday as Viola, discusses Greek history, mentions book ""Quo Vadis"" by Sienkiewicz, describes Easter celebrations, reports difficulty adjusting to extra daylight saving time.
At head: ""From: H.D. Aldington""
Envelope dated 1944 April 13; cut open
Return address: ""H. Aldington / + W. Macpherson, (English)""
Sunday letter on recto; Monday letter on verso
 p. + envelope
- Call Number
- YCAL MSS 175
- Collection Title
- Viola Baxter Jordan Papers
- Collection/Other Creator
- Jordan, Viola Baxter, 1887-1973
- Collection Date
- Collection Note
- Series I. Correspondence. Viola Baxter Jordan correspondence
- Container / Volume Information
- Box 1 | Folder 37
- Finding Aid
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Subject (Name)
Aristobulus, 2nd cent. B.C.
H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961
Jordan, Viola Baxter, 1887-1973
Longinus, Saint, martyr, 1st cent.
Sienkiewicz, Henryk, 1846-1916
Williams, William Carlos, 1883-1963
- Subject (Topic)
Dating (Social customs)
World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record