Famosus beati Augustini libellus De vita [Christ]iana intitulatus : qui viris ecc[les]iasticis om[n]ibus merito deberet esse tam acceptus ...
- Famosus beati Augustini libellus De vita [Christ]iana intitulatus : qui viris ecc[les]iasticis om[n]ibus merito deberet esse tam acceptus ...
- Alternative Title
- De vita Christiana and Famosus beati Augustini libellus De vita Xpīana intitulatus
- Published / Created
- ca. 1471]
- Publication Place
- In ciuitate Spirensi [Speyer] :
- [Printer of Postilla Scholastica super Apocalypsin,
Binding: Bound in blind-tooled pigskin; two leaves of medieval liturgical ms. (with numes) waste used in binding; vellum quire guards; red-stained pigskin index tabs; housed in modern slipcase by BookEnds. Shelfmark: 388.389.
Capitals supplied in red; rubricated throughout. Scattered ms. notes in contemporary hand.
Colophon: "Hic beati Augustini libellus parentilis et famosus in ciuitate Spirensi est impressus."
Formerly attributed to Augustine of Hippo; probably by his contemporary Pelagius.
In some copies, p.  is blank (state A).
In this copy, p.  is printed.
Name of printer and date of publication from bibliographies.
No. 2 of 2 works bound together.
Provenance: Ownership inscription on front free endpaper of Frater Eriffinus Heyslein(?) dated 1579. Book label at foot of p. : Bibliothecae F.F. Min. S. Franc. Conventualium Mariae Mayngae. Previously sold by Laurence Witten Rare Books (14 April 1956).
Signatures: [a ⁸b⁶] (b6v blank).
Title from incipit on p. .
-  p. ; 22 cm (4to)
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- 2008 1727
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Annotations (Provenance)--15th century
Blind tooled bindings (Binding)
Pigskin bindings (Binding)
- Resource Type
- Books, Journals & Pamphlets
- Subject (Name)
Augustine, of Hippo, Saint, 354-430.
BookEnds (Firm), binder. CtY-BR
- Subject (Topic)
- Incunabula in Yale Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- BM 15th cent., II, p. 481 (IA. 8412), GW 3041, Hain 2099, ISTC, ia01356400, and Proctor 2314
- Orbis Record