- Revelationes, etc.
- Alternative Title
- St. Birgitta, Revelationes, etc
- Bridget, of Sweden, Saint, ca. 1303-1373
- Published / Created
- s. XV^^2 [15th century]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper of St. Birgitta, Revelationes. With the Life of St. Birgitta and several prayers, one of which is in German. Written by the abbot of the monastery of Maria Forst (near Cologne).
Binding: s. xix^^2. Mottled, brown calf case, gold-tooled with monogram of comte Paul Riant on spine. Detached from bookblock.
I^^8, II-XL^^10 (+ 3 leaves at end; structure uncertain). Remains of catchwords along lower edge of folio in gutter; most trimmed.
Large penwork initials of mediocre quality, in red and blue; foliage designs in center of letters and penwork borders, in red, are sometimes accompanied by vulgar green dots. Many simple initials, 7- to 1-line, in red or blue; running titles in red. Rubricated throughout.
Paper (watermarks similar to Briquet Lettre P 8619 and 8625), ff. iii (paper) + 401 + iv (paper), 276 x 208 (222 x 145) mm. Written in two columns of 39-42 lines; frame-ruled in ink or lead, with some double inner vertical guide-lines and an occasional additional ruling in lower margin.
Written in Germany in the second half of the 15th century by a scribe identified as Freiherr von Greifenclav, abbot of the monastery of Maria Forst (near Cologne).
276 x 208 (222 x 145) mm.
ff. iii (paper) + 401 + iv (paper)
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 24
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 24. and St. Birgitta, Revelationes, etc. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information