Christian III and Frederick II of Denmark, Laws
- Christian III and Frederick II of Denmark, Laws
- Alternative Title
- Christian III, King of Denmark and Norway, 1503-1559
- Published / Created
- s. XVI^^ex [ca. 1565-1600]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper (sturdy; watermarks buried in the gutter) of Christian III and Frederick II of Denmark, Laws. and MS collection of Danish laws. Written in Northern Germany or Denmark in the late 16th century, after 1565; perhaps copied by Pawel Hansen whose signature appears on ff. 154r, 178r (The copy seems to have been made all at one time, not in separate sections as the laws were decreed.) Early provenance unknown.
Binding: s. xix^^2. Tan and brown mottled calf, gold-tooled; on the spine, "DESZ BRODMECHTIGESTEN [sic] HOCHGEBARNEN FOeRSTENVIMD," and the crowned monogram of comte Paul Riant.
By the same binder who did Beinecke MS 42.
Headings in large gothic textura, with flourishes.
Written by one scribe in cursive script.
Written in 15-16 long lines, ruled in hard point, single vertical bounding lines only.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 31
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Riant, Paul Edouard Didier, comte, 1836-1888 --bookplate
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Christian III and Frederick II of Denmark, Laws. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 31.
- Orbis Record
- More Information