Ketubah : Bombay, India, 1911, August 14
- Ketubah : Bombay, India, 1911, August 14
- Published / Created
- 1911 August 14
- Publication Place
- Bombay, India
- Marriage contract, manuscript, ink and paint on paper, dated 20th of Menahem 5671 (1911) at Bombay. Text surrounded by a floral border with two large peacocks on top painted in vivid colors. The upper text is in the shape of an oval and above it is a crown, probably in reference to the British Crown. The bottom text is in a scalloped square. The upper text contains blessings for the bride and groom, including biblical quotations. The outer border consists of verses from Psalm 137 beginning with If I forget you, Jerusalem ... and verses from Psalm 128. All borders are gold colored.
Bride: Rivkah bar [i.e. bat] Binyamin.
Bridegroom: Shalom bar Aharon.
Scribe: Na'im ben Avraham ben Mashiah.
Witnesses: Me'ir ben Eliyahu and Nisan ben Ya'akov.
57 x 40 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
- Call Number
- Hebrew MSS suppl 1 2 (Broadside)
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Subject (Geographic)
- Bombay (India) --Religious life and customs
- Subject (Name)
Me'ir ben Eliyahu
Na'im ben Avraham ben Mashiah
Nisan ben Ya'akov
Rivkah bat Binyamin
Shalom bar Aharon
- Subject (Topic)
Ketubah --Bombay --India
Prenuptial agreements (Jewish law)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record