Ketubah : Finale Emilia, Italy, 1844 May 31
- Ketubah : Finale Emilia, Italy, 1844 May 31
- Published / Created
- 1844 May 31
- Publication Place
- Finale Emilia, Italy
- Marriage contract, manuscript, ink on vellum, dated 13th of Sivan 5604 (1844) at Finali. The document has a scalloped top in which are the images of the three crowns of Torah, priesthood and kingship, above them there is the crown of a good name. Along the entire rim of the outer border is a poem in Hebrew in honor of the bride and groom. The border of the text contains two images of columns representing the two columns of the Jerusalem Temple called Yakhin and Boaz. The text is written in Italian square characters.
Bride: Elisheva' called Izabila bat Mikha'el 'Azariyah Hayim Fo'ah.
Bridegroom: Avraham Shemu'el bar Barukh called Refa'el Hayim Pesah.
Witnesses: El'azar Yehi'el Fo'ah and one or two others.
48 x 30 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
- Call Number
- Hebrew MSS Suppl 132 (Oversize)
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Subject (Geographic)
- Finale Emilia (Italy) --Religious life and customs
- Subject (Name)
Avraham Shemu'el bar Barukh
Elazar Yehi'el Fo'ah
Elisheva' (Izabila) bat Mikha'el 'Azariyah Hayim Fo'ah
- Subject (Topic)
Ketubah --Italy --Finale Emilia
Prenuptial agreements (Jewish law)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record