137 autograph letters, signed, mostly to John James Ruskin. Various places. Bound in blue morocco.
- 137 autograph letters, signed, mostly to John James Ruskin. Various places. Bound in blue morocco.
- Published / Created
- Bound together with eight early poems, beginning with "Look at that ship," 1827 February or March. and Other correspondents include: Margaret Cox (Cock) Ruskin, Miss Mitford, J. C. Louden, and W. L. Brown.
- Very tightly bound with some text unreadable at gutter.
- 1 vol. ; 27 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- GEN MSS 1168
- Collection Title
- John Ruskin collection
- Collection/Other Creator
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900
- Collection Date
- 1826 - 1949 (Bulk: 1840-1885)
- Collection Note
- Series I. Correspondence. Bound Volumes of Correspondence
- Container / Volume Information
- Box 1
- Finding Aid
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Brown, Walter Lucas, 1805-1862
Gordon, Osborne, 1813-1883
Jones, Willoughby, 1820-1884
Loudon, J. C. (John Claudius), 1783-1843
Ruskin, John James
Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 --Correspondence
Ruskin, Margaret Cock, 1781-1871
Scott, Walter, Sir, 1771-1832 --Homes and haunts
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- John Ruskin Collection. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record