Sharḥ al-Mulakhkhaṣ fī al-hayʾah / [Mūsá ibn Muḥammad Qāḍīʹzādah]. -- [15--?].
- Sharḥ al-Mulakhkhaṣ fī al-hayʾah / [Mūsá ibn Muḥammad Qāḍīʹzādah]. -- [15--?].
- Jighmīnī, Maḥmūd ibn Muḥammad, d. 1221? Mulakhkhaṣ fī al-hayʾah and Qāḍīʹzādah, Mūsá ibn Muḥammad, d. ca. 1436
- Commentary on al-Mulakhkhaṣ fī al-hayʾah (handbook of astronomy) of Maḥmūd al-Jighmīnī. and Incomplete at end.
End of leaf 50 corresponds to leaf 162 recto (numbered 166) of Ms. Landberg 361; probably only one leaf is missing.
Fairly old (16th century?) hasty nastaʻlīq, almost entirely unpointed.
In manuscript on fly-leaf: "Comprado en el Cairo 27/12/28. T[eodoro] B[ecu]." With Becu's bookplate.
Islamic binding, in brown.
No. 1 of 2 items bound together.
Purchased from V.G. Simkhovitch in January 1955.
With copious diagrams, some with background-pictures representing the constellations in the form of human and animal figures.
With: 1 other title.
18.5 x 13 cm.
Leaves 1-50 (in 1 v.) ;
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Arabic MSS 436
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Jighmīnī, Maḥmūd ibn Muḥammad,--d. 1221?--Mulakhkhaṣ fī al-hayʾah
- Subject (Topic)
Natural and social sciences--Astronomy and astrology
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- 5675., 975., Ahlwardt, W. Verzeichniss,, Brockelmann,, Hitti,, and I, 473; S I, p. 865.
- Orbis Record