A parallel of the antient architecture with the modern ...
- A parallel of the antient architecture with the modern ...
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- The 3rd ed. with the addition of The elements of architecture, collected by Sir Henry Wotton
- Call Number
- Js3 O4
- Collection Title
- A parallel of the antient architecture with the modern : in a collection of ten principal authors who have written upon the five orders, viz. Palladio and Scamozzi, Serlio and Vignola, D. Barbaro and Cataneo, L.B. Alberti and Viola, Bullant and Delorme, compared with one another ... / written in French by Roland Freart, sieur de Chambray ; made English ... to which is added, An account of architects and architecture ... ; with Leon Baptista Alberti’s Treatise of statues ; by John Evelyn ...
- Collection/Other Creator
- Freart, Roland, sieur de Chambray, 1606-1676
- Collection Created
- London : Printed by T.W. for D. Brown, J. Walthoe, B. and S. Tooke, D. Midwinter, W. Mears, and F. Clay,
- Collection Date
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
Prints (Visual works)
- Resource Type
- Books, Journals & Pamphlets
- Subject (Name)
Alberti, Leon Battista, 1404-1472. Treatise of statues
Evelyn, John, 1620-1706. Account of architects and architecture
Wotton, Henry, Sir, 1568-1639. Elements of architecture
- Subject (Topic)
- Architecture --Orders
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record