Collectanea drawn from Vincent of Beauvais.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Collectanea drawn from Vincent of Beauvais.
- Collectanea drawn from Vincent of Beauvais.
- Vincent, of Beauvais, d. 1264
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1400]
- Publication Place
- Central Italy
An alphabetically arranged collection of extracts on the virtues and vices and on moral subjects drawn from Vincent of Beauvais.
Manuscript on parchment (greatly trimmed) of An alphabetically arranged collection of extracts on the virtues and vices and on moral subjects drawn from Vincent of Beauvais.
Binding: Nineteenth century, Italy. Half bound in brown mottled calf with a gold-tooled spine and cream, blue-green, and red paste-paper sides. Red and olive green paste-paper pastedowns in a chevron pattern. Red edges.
Script: Written in a small neat got
- ff. i + 59 + i : parchment ; 148 x 109 (124 x 71) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Marston MS 23
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Vincent,--of Beauvais,--d. 1264
- Subject (Topic)
Didactic literature, Latin (Medieval and modern)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Collectanea Drawn from Vincent of Beauvais. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Marston MS 23.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information