Compilatio tertia, with gloss of Johannes Teutonicus
- Compilatio tertia, with gloss of Johannes Teutonicus
- Joannes, Teutonicus, d. 1245?
- Published / Created
- s. XIII^^in [ca. 1200-1225]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment (poor quality: holes, end pieces). The text is also accompanied by extracts from the gloss of Bernardus Parmensis on the Decretals of Pope Gregory IX; these were probably added ca. 1245 or later. and Written in Spain, perhaps soon after Johannes Teutonicus completed his text ca. 1218 and before 1234; the codex shows evidence of much early use. Several contemporary and later hands have added glosses in all margins and sometimes between columns of text.
- Imperfect: rubbed, mutilated with loss of text.
- ff. i + 84 + i : parchment ; 324 x 218 (190 x 122 main text; ca. 265 x 205 including gloss) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 423
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Micrography (Writing technique)
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Bottoni, Bernardo, d. 1266
Innocent III, Pope, 1160 or 61-1216
Joannes, Teutonicus, d. 1245?
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Joannes Teutonicus, Compilatio Tertia, with Gloss of Johannes Teutonicus. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 423.
- Orbis Record
- More Information