In tertium librum Sententiarum Petri Lombardi
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > In tertium librum Sententiarum Petri Lombardi
- In tertium librum Sententiarum Petri Lombardi
- Alternative Title
- Comment on the 3rd book of sentences of Peter Lombard
- Thomas, Aquinas, Saint, 1225?-1274
- Published / Created
- s. XIII^^ex [end of the 13th century]
- Publication Place
Manuscript on parchment of Thomas Aquinas, In tertium librum Sententiarum Petri Lombardi. Copied from an exemplar vended by Guglielmus Senonensis, stationer on the rue St. Jacques.
Binding: 1899. Quarter leather over wooden boards, blind-tooled, with a gold-tooled label and brass clasps. Bound by Douglas Cockerell (stamp with date inside back cover).
Script: Written in neat gothic textura by a single scribe secundum pecias (notations along bottom of leaves, mostly trimmed).
Small decorative initials in red and/or blue with penwork designs of either or both colors; notes for illuminator in margins. Paragraph marks alternating red and blue throughout; running headings in red and blue.
Some folios mended with chartreuse thread.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 207
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Peter Lombard, Bishop of Paris, ca. 1100-1160
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 207.
Thomas Aquinas, In Tertium Librum Sententiarum Petri Lombardi. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information