Large group of people under trees, behind houses, various modes of dress. In ink, recto, at side of photograph: "Contraband Yard
- Large group of people under trees, behind houses, various modes of dress. In ink, recto, at side of photograph: "Contraband Yard
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [Memphis (Tenn.)?]
- Large group of blacks under trees, behind houses, various modes of dress. In ink, recto, at side of photograph: "Contraband Yard
- Third of a set of five cartes de visite by Oak Gallery, J.W. Taft, Artist, 282-1/2 Main Street, Memphis.
1 photographic print on carte-de-visite mount
6.2 x 10.2 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- JWJ MSS 54
- Collection Title
- Randolph Linsly Simpson African-American collection
- Collection/Other Creator
- Simpson, Randolph Linsly, 1927-1992
- Collection Date
- circa 1728-1991 (bulk 1850-1970)
- Collection Note
- Series I. Visual Material. Cartes de visite
- Container / Volume Information
- Box 11 | Folder 498
- Finding Aid
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Randolph Linsly Simpson African-American Collection. James Weldon Johnson Memorial Collection in the Yale Collection of American Literature, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record