Scene on Third Street
- Scene on Third Street
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [Memphis (Tenn.)?]
- Dirt road, wooden planks bridge ditches to buildings on either side. Large clock in shape of pocket watch hangs from building on right side. Horses and men under trees and on steps.
- Fifth of a set of five cartes de visite by Oak Gallery, J.W. Taft, Artist, 282-1/2 Main Street, Memphis.
1 photographic print
5.5 x 8.7 cm. on mount 6.2 x 10.2 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- JWJ MSS 54
- Collection Title
- Randolph Linsly Simpson African-American collection
- Collection/Other Creator
- Simpson, Randolph Linsly, 1927-1992
- Collection Date
- circa 1728-1991 (bulk 1850-1970)
- Collection Note
- Series I. Visual Material. Cartes de visite. Oak Gallery, J.W. Taft, Artist, 282-1/2 Main Street, Memphis, TN. A set of five cartes de visite
- Container / Volume Information
- Box 11 | Folder 500
- Finding Aid
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Randolph Linsly Simpson African-American Collection. James Weldon Johnson Memorial Collection in the Yale Collection of American Literature, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record