Trattati di architettura ingegneria e arte militare
- Trattati di architettura ingegneria e arte militare
- Martini, Francesco di Giorgio, 1439-1502
- Published / Created
- s. XVI^^in [early 16th century]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper (sturdy) of what is probably the first version of the treatise, finished ca. 1476-77. The order of contents is as follows: fortresses; temples, churches and theaters; columns and other architectural details; plans for palaces; aqueducts; measuring and surveying; instruments of war. and MS 491 is a witness to the first version of the treatise which was probably finished ca. 1476-77; The order of contents is as follows: fortresses; temples, churches and theaters; columns and other architectural details; plans for palaces; aqueducts; measuring and surveying; instruments of war.
No chapter divisions.
Written in italic script by a single scribe who left blank spaces for illuminated initials.
410 x 260 (260 x 165) mm.
ff. ii, 57, iii
hand colored illustrations
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 491
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Martini, Francesco di Giorgio,--1439-1502
- Subject (Topic)
Architecture --Early works to 1800
City planning--Early works to 1870
City walls --Design and construction --Early works to 1800
Mechanical engineering --Early works to 1800
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Francesco di Giorgio Martini, Trattati di Archittetura Ingegneria e Arte Militare. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 491.
- Orbis Record
- More Information