Commentarii in Librum IV Sententiarum Petri Lombardi
- Commentarii in Librum IV Sententiarum Petri Lombardi
- Albertus, Magnus, Saint, 1193?-1280
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper of Albertus Magnus, Commentary on Book 4 of the Sentences of Peter Lombard.
Binding: Fifteenth century. Original sewing on five slit, tawed straps laced into wooden boards. Endband cores laid in grooves. Covered with white, tawed skin, blind-tooled with a St. Andrew's cross within panel borders. The covering leather is sewn around the endbands, from spine to edges, with a back-stitch. Traces of round bosses, probably brass, and of two strap and pin fastenings, the pins on the upper board.
Collection of Sir Thomas Phillipps (no. 573). Given to Yale in 1929 by Mrs. J. L. Leipziger.
Plain initials in red and rubrics throughout.
Script: Gothic cursive script of three hands. Scribe 1) ff. 1r-156v; Scribe 2) ff. 157r-274r; Scribe 3, Laurence of Mechlin, wrote ff. 274r-317r and dated the codex 1452.
Watermarks: similar to Briquet Ancre 381, Balance 2427, Tete de boeuf 15102.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 20
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Micrography (Writing technique)
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Peter Lombard,--Bishop of Paris,--ca. 1100-1160
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Albertus Magnus, Commentarii in Librum IV Sententiarum Petri Lombardi. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 20.
- Orbis Record
- More Information