Commentarius in Librum IV Sententiarum Petri Lombardi
- Commentarius in Librum IV Sententiarum Petri Lombardi
- Bonaventure, Saint, Cardinal, ca. 1217-1274
- Published / Created
- s. XIII 4/4 [ca. 1275-1300]
- Publication Place
- Bologna [?]
- Manuscript on parchment of St. Bonaventure's Commentary on Book IV of the Sentences of Peter Lombard.
Binding: Eighteenth century, Germany. Cream colored pigskin, blind-tooled. Gilt edges. Green and cream endbands. Title on spine: "De septem/ Sacrament. Tract. Mst.".
One historiated initial, f. 1r, 6-line, beige with foliage serif, red, against blue ground with white filigree, containing an apothecary (unguentarius) mixing ingredients in a mortar with two pestles. Numerous flourished initials, 3- to 2-line, alternate in red with blue, and vice versa, or often plain initials in red or blue. Running headlines in red and blue. Paragraph marks, alternating red and blue, appear sporadically (ff. 1r-36v).
Script: Written by several scribes in small gothic bookhand.
- ff. i + 156 + i : parchment ; 229 x 180 (168 x 130) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Marston MS 175
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Micrography (Writing technique)
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Peter Lombard, Bishop of Paris, ca. 1100-1160
- Subject (Topic)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Bonaventure, Commentarius in Librum IV Sententiarum Petri Lombardi. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Marston MS 175.
- Orbis Record
- More Information