Dialogus in avariciam
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Dialogus in avariciam
- Dialogus in avariciam
- Bracciolini, Poggio, 1380-1459
- Published / Created
- s. XV med [mid 15th century]
- Publication Place
Manuscript on paper of Poggio Bracciolini, Dialogus in avariciam.
The text has been glossed by a contemporary hand, in both Latin and German.
The text is the revised version made by Poggio following the suggestions of Niccolo Niccoli. The original version was printed in Basel (1538) and Strasbourg (1513), whereas the revised edition was never printed, although it exists in many manuscripts.
Binding: place uncertain, s. xx. Limp vellum case.
Modern binder's blanks and contemporary blanks not scanned.
Written in elegant batarde by a single scribe.
- ff. iii + 20 + iii : paper ; 285 x 210 (228 x 140) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Marston MS 53
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Poggio Bracciolini, Dialogus in Avariciam. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Marston MS 53.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information