- Bruni, Leonardo, 1369-1444 and Plutarch
- Published / Created
- s. XV^^3/4 [ca. 1475-1500]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment of Plutarch, Vitae, translated into Latin by Leonardo Bruni.
Binding: Eighteenth century. Green goatskin with red labels on spine. Delicately gold-tooled.
Script: Written in an upright italic by a single scribe.
Small, 4-line, white vine initials, one to commence each work, gold, infilled with pink and green with white dots, all on a blue ground; gold dots and hairsprays.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 133
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Plutarch, Vitae. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 133.
- Orbis Record
- More Information