Konshi ginji Kegonkyō, [8th cent.].
- Konshi ginji Kegonkyō, [8th cent.].
- Alternative Title
- Konshi ginji Kegonkyo, Konshiginjikegonkyo, Konshiginjikegonkyō, and 紺紙銀字華厳経, [8th cent.].
- Published / Created
- [8th cent.]
- A fragment of a sutra copied in silver on indigo-colored paper. An 8th century copy. Original. This piece, retrieved from a fire at the monastery To-dai-zhi long ago, is one of the oldest remnants of the kind known in Japan. and Manuscript, in an unidentified hand.
"A fragment of a sutra copied in silver on indigo-colored paper. An 8th century copy. Original.", "This piece, retrieved from a fire at the monastery Tō-dai-zhi long ago, is one of the oldest remnants of the kind known in Japan." (K. Asakawa. "Gifts of the Yale Association of Japan," 1945).
Scroll: 23.0 x 108.6 cm rolled to 23.0 x 26.7 cm in diameter. One roll in a wood box.
Yale Association of Japan Collection original call number: Ab2.
- 1 scroll; 23 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- YAJ 7a1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Konshi ginji Kegonkyō. Yale Association of Japan Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record