[Miniatures by Caleb Wing]
- [Miniatures by Caleb Wing]
- Wing, C. W. (Charles William), fl. 1826-1860
- Published / Created
- ca. 1846-64
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment of seventeen miniatures (all versos), formerly inserted in MS 287, which were removed and rebound in their present form when recognized as the work of the 19th-century facsimilist, Caleb Wing. They were intended to replace originals excised from MS 287 at an uncertain date. As suggested by the format of MS 287, there were probably only sixteen miniatures in the original program. and Seventeen miniatures (all versos), formerly inserted in MS 287 (see above), were removed and rebound in their present form when recognized as the work of the 19th-century facsimilist, Caleb Wing. They were intended to replace originals excised from MS 287 at an uncertain date.
Binding of worn red velvet, circa 19-20th c.
Originally bound with MS 287.
See the record for MS 287 in the Medieval & Renaissance Manuscripts Catalog for further descriptions.
- Parchment, ff. ii (parchment) + 17 + iii (parchment)
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 287A
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Wing, C. W.--(Charles William),--fl. 1826-1860
- Subject (Topic)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Miniatures by Caleb Wing (removed from MS 287). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 287A.
- Orbis Record
- More Information