[Processional : for a Dominican nuns' convent]
- [Processional : for a Dominican nuns' convent]
- Catholic Church.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment of a processional for use by a Dominican nuns' convent. Includes processionals for Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, and Easter among others.
Binding: original binding; reddish brown leather over wooden boards. Both covers blind-tooled.
Decoration: red rubrics (often missing); 2-line red plain initials for the prayers; black cadels of the same height, stroked in red.
Purchased by Thomas E. Marston in 1949 from C.A. Stonehill.
Script: written in somewhat irregular northern gothica textualis formata. Musical notation is in nota quadrata.
- ff. 1-58 : parchment 180 x 130 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Music Deposit 60
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- notated music
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Music (Printed & Manuscript)
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Holy Week music.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Processionals (Liturgical books)--Early works to 1800.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Processional for a Dominican nuns' convent. Music Deposit, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information