[Processional : for a Dominican nuns' convent].
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > [Processional : for a Dominican nuns' convent].
- [Processional : for a Dominican nuns' convent].
- Catholic Church.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
Manuscript on parchment of a processional for a Dominican nuns' convent. Processions for Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Easter, Dedication of a Church, and Holy Week are included.
Binding: original binding; brown pigskin over bevelled wooden boards; both covers blind-tooled.
Decoration: red rubrics (rare); 2-line red plain initials for prayers; black cadels of 1-line height; initial on f. 1r decorated with a grotesque human face.
Purchased by Thomas E. Marston in 1933 from J. Rosenthal.
Script: the text is written in a somewhat irregular northern gothica textualis formata. Musical notation is in nota quadrata.
- ff. 1-53 : parchment ; 180 x 130 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Music Deposit 61
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- notated music
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Music (Printed & Manuscript)
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Holy Week music.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Processionals (Liturgical books)--Germany--Early works to 1800.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Processional for a Dominican Nuns' convent. Music Deposit, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information