Psalter, with calendar and office of the dead
- Psalter, with calendar and office of the dead
- Catholic Church
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Low Countries
- Illuminated manuscript on vellum, in a Gothic liturgical hand, of a Psalter, prefaced by a liturgical calendar and followed by the Office of the Dead.
Binding: modern full blue velvet.
Ex libris John Ruskin. Ex libris Laurence Hilliard. Ex libris Bibliotheca Philosophica Hermetica (J. R. Ritman Library). Purchased from Sam Fogg on the James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Fund, 2007.
Presentation inscription on front flyleaf: Laurence Hilliard with John Ruskin's love, Brantwood, 25th January 1881.
Tipped in at front of manuscript: parchment leaf containing copy of a letter from Joseph Mallord William Turner to John Ruskin, Midsummer Day [June 24] 1848, in the hand of John Ruskin.
Tipped in to front of manuscript: parchment leaf containing a description of the illuminations in the hand of John Ruskin.
- 1 v. (283 leaves) ; 12 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Osborn a49
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Turner, Joseph Mallord William--1775-1851.--Association
- Subject (Topic)
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catholic Church, Psalter. James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information