- Guillén de Avila, Diego, Herodian, and Poliziano, Angelo, 1454-1494
- Published / Created
- s. XV/XVI [late 15th or early 16th century]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper (sturdy) of a translation by Diego Guillen de Avila (active 1487-1516), from Politian's Latin translation of Herodian, History of the Empire from the Death of Marcus (in eight books covering the years 180 to 238, in Greek). and Unpublished translation by Diego Guillen de Avila (active 1487-1516), from Politian's Latin translation of Herodian.
Written by three scribes, in gothic cursive (cortesana) script. Scribe 1 (ff. 1v-3v) uses a large, sprawling hand.
- ff. i + 113 + i : ‡b paper ; 300 x 205 (235 x 110) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 182
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Rome --History --Empire, 30 B.C.-284 A.D
- Subject (Name)
- Poliziano, Angelo, 1454-1494
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Spanish literature--To 1500
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Herodian, History. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 182.
- Orbis Record
- More Information