De regimine principum
- De regimine principum
- Hoccleve, Thomas, 1370?-1450? and Lydgate, John, 1370?-1451?
- Published / Created
- 4 [Third quarter of the 15th century] and s. XV^^3
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper of 1) Thomas Hoccleve, Complaint. 2) Hoccleve, Dialogue with a Friend. 3) Hoccleve, Tale of Jereslaus' Wife. 4) Prose moralization of the text in art. 3, preceded by a prologue in verse. 5) Hoccleve, How to Learn to Die. 6) Hoccleve, The Joys of Heaven, in prose, preceded by a prologue, in verse. 7) Hoccleve, Tale of Jonathas, preceded by prologue. 8) Prose moralization of the tale in art. 7. 9) John Lydgate, Dance of Macabre. 10) Hoccleve, Regiment of Princes.
- On parchment.
- ff. i + i + 134 + i : paper ; 288 x 208 (210 x 108) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 493
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Hoccleve, Thomas, 1370?-1450? De regimine principum
- Subject (Topic)
English literature--Middle English, 1100-1500
English poetry--Middle English, 1100-1500
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 493. and Thomas Hoccleve, Regiment of Princes. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information