"Für die ehrenwerthen Schulräthe."
Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library > The Bert Hansen collection of medicine and public health in popular graphic art (Ms Coll 67) > Series I: Early Publications > Puck (German) > "Für die ehrenwerthen Schulräthe."
- "Für die ehrenwerthen Schulräthe."
- From the Collection: Hansen, Bert, 1944-
- Published / Created
- 1879 January 8
- Puck (German), page 256, back cover. Translation is "For the honorable school councilors/supervisors." Three-color lithograph by Joseph Keppler. Subject is the foul air in schools, causing illness among children. The English and German editions were generally published at the same time with the same cartoons. Note that all the words inside the image are in English, while the caption below the border is in German. Main words in the image are "Foul Air" and "Bad Sewage." The teacher is a figure of Death, and a member of the Board of Education at the doorway is holding his nose. Hansen database #3811
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library
- Call Number
- Ms Coll 67
- Search for Additional Digitized Material in This Collection
- Container / Volume
- Box 1, folder 11
View item information in Archives at Yale
View full finding aid for The Bert Hansen collection of medicine and public health in popular graphic art (Ms Coll 67)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Bert Hansen Collection of Medicine and Public Health in Popular Graphic Art. Historical Library, Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)