"The Streets of New York--Running the Gauntlet of Horrors."
Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library > The Bert Hansen collection of medicine and public health in popular graphic art (Ms Coll 67) > Series I: Early Publications > Puck > "The Streets of New York--Running the Gauntlet of Horrors."
- "The Streets of New York--Running the Gauntlet of Horrors."
- From the Collection: Hansen, Bert, 1944-
From the Collection: Gillam, Bernhard, 1856-1896
From the Collection: Graetz, F. (Friedrich), approximately 1840-approximately 1913
From the Collection: Keppler, Joseph Ferdinand, 1838-1894
From the Collection: Nast, Thomas, 1840-1902
From the Collection: Opper, Frederick Burr, 1857-1937
From the Collection: Rogers, W. A. (William Allen), 1854-1931
From the Collection: Wales, James Albert, 1852-1886
From the Collection: Zimmerman, Eugene, 1862-1935
- Published / Created
- 1879 November 26
- Puck (6:142), page 624, back cover. Early two-color printing, peach and light blue. J. A. Wales. Nice couple is surrounded by beggars. Puck to the Commission of c & c (charities and corrections?): "If you can't remove these people from the streets on the score of Charity, do it for Decency's sake." Background shows homes for the poor, the blind, the aged, and cripples. One is named Mt. Sinai. Hansen database #300.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library
- Call Number
- Ms Coll 67
- Search for Additional Digitized Material in This Collection
- Container / Volume
- Box 8, folder 9
Access And Usage Rights
- Bert Hansen Collection of Medicine and Public Health in Popular Graphic Art. Historical Library, Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)