"A Courageous Hercules--But a Very Shaky Club."
Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library > The Bert Hansen collection of medicine and public health in popular graphic art (Ms Coll 67) > Series I: Early Publications > Puck > "A Courageous Hercules--But a Very Shaky Club."
- "A Courageous Hercules--But a Very Shaky Club."
- From the Collection: Hansen, Bert, 1944-
From the Collection: Gillam, Bernhard, 1856-1896
From the Collection: Graetz, F. (Friedrich), approximately 1840-approximately 1913
From the Collection: Keppler, Joseph Ferdinand, 1838-1894
From the Collection: Nast, Thomas, 1840-1902
From the Collection: Opper, Frederick Burr, 1857-1937
From the Collection: Rogers, W. A. (William Allen), 1854-1931
From the Collection: Wales, James Albert, 1852-1886
From the Collection: Zimmerman, Eugene, 1862-1935
- Published / Created
- 1889 September 25
- Puck (26:655), front cover. By C. J. (or J. C.?), with an official (mayor?) wielding a club marked district attorney and New York City Reform Club against nine-headed monster (Hydra) of corruption. Hansen database #207.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library
- Call Number
- Ms Coll 67
- Search for Additional Digitized Material in This Collection
- Container / Volume
- Box 10, folder 9
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Bert Hansen Collection of Medicine and Public Health in Popular Graphic Art. Historical Library, Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)