Hours, use of Sarum
- Hours, use of Sarum
- Published / Created
- s. XV^^2 [ca. 1450-1500]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment. One of a number of Books of Hours almost certainly made in Flanders for the English market. During the 16th century, some references to Thomas of Canterbury were erased or altered, and the word "pape" in the Calendar was changed to "ape".
Binding: ca. 16th-17th c.
Blanks not digitized. Backs of all miniatures are blank.
Written in liturgical gothic bookhand.
- ff. i + 162 + i : parchment ; 225 x 157 (135 x 86) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 310
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Prayers and devotions
- Subject (Topic)
Books of hours
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Hours, Use of Sarum. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 310.
- Orbis Record
- More Information