De seculo et religione
- De seculo et religione
- Salutati, Coluccio., creator
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper of Colucii Salutati, De seculo et religione.
Belonged to S. Harrison Thomson (MS 6); note inside front cover states that he purchased the manuscript in Oxford in 1926. Acquired from Thomson in 1968 with the Edwin J. and Frederick W. Beinecke Rare Book Endowment Fund.
Cataloged from microfilm by Albert Derolez.
Cite as: Coluccio Salutati, De Seculo et Religione. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
Manuscript on paper of Colucii Salutati, De seculo et religione. Folios 49 and 50 (central conjugate leaves) were reversed in binding. Produced probably in Northwestern Italy (diocese of Ivrea) by the scribe Martinus de Laurentio de Padono, in 1485 (colophon, f. 81r). Written in neat gothic cursive that shows batarde influence; first word(s) of each section executed in bold textura. Spaces for decorative initials are unfilled; guide-letters in margins.
Seventeenth-century (?) binding: Sewn on three tawed, slit strap supports, the spine lined with vellum between them. Blue and cream colored endbands. Covered with tawed skin, originally white, over flush, made boards.
- ff. 81 : paper ; 226 x 168 (160 x 100) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 453
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Coluccio Salutati, De Seculo et Religione. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 453.
- Orbis Record
- More Information