Delle imboccature de'i cavalli
- Delle imboccature de'i cavalli
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper of eighty life-size pen-and-ink drawings, tinted with grey, of various styles of horse bridles and bits; apparently intended as a pattern book. Compiled by and/or for Carlo Filippo di Vuelden.
Acquired from the Sporting Gallery in 1967 with the Beinecke Rare Book Endowment Fund.
Cataloged from microfilm by Albert Derolez.
Cite as: Delle Imboccature De'i Cavalli. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
Eighteenth- to nineteenth-century binding: Vellum case; stubs of two green ties.
Manuscript on paper of Eighty life-size pen-and-ink drawings, tinted with grey, of various styles of horse bridles and bits; apparently intended as a pattern book. Followed by Descriptive index for drawings (incomplete). Compiled by and/or for Carlo Filippo di Vuelden whose name appears on f. 1r. Written in small neat italic.
Watermarks: similar in design to Briquet Armoiries - Pomme de pin 2118, but with a majuscule M sitting on the top of left and right upper corners, and with four divisions for the tree base.
- ff. i + 97 ; paper ; 423 x 285 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 458
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Delle Imboccature De'i Cavalli. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 458.
- Orbis Record
- More Information