Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Distinctiones
- Nicolas, de Byard, creator
- Published / Created
- between 1300 and 1325
- Publication Place
- Central France
Binding: Ninteenth-century English blue morocco.
Initials in red and blue, some with ornamentations and extensions in red and blue tracery. Guide letters for illuminator in outer margins. A later scribe, perhaps the scribe of the index, has added chapter heading in roman numerals in the outer and inner margins.
[Modern] blanks not digitized.
Manuscript on parchment of Nicholaus de Byard (fl. 1250), Distinctiones. Lacking quire containing text for final portion of the letter L, all of the letter M, and the beginning of the letter N (in the space between quires IX and X). Copied in gothic bookhand.
- ff. ii +164 + ii : parchment ; 200 x 155 (150 x 111) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 669
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- de Byard, Nicolas
- Subject (Topic)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval -- Connecticut -- New Haven
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information