[Souvenir spoon: Frederick Douglass]
- [Souvenir spoon: Frederick Douglass]
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [New Bedford (Mass.)?]
- "Frederick Douglass" in relief on back of handle; relief bust in bowl with birth date, "1817, Maryland"; dates and identification of milestones in Douglass's life in chain links on front of handle. Sterling silver [plated], 6" long.
Likely manufactured for William H. Purdy and Leonard C. Peters, Providence(R.I.), for sale at the Cotton States and International Exposition, Atlanta (Ga.), 1895. Designed by Samuel W. Thompson.
approx. 15 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- JWJ MSS 54
- Collection Title
- Randolph Linsly Simpson African-American collection
- Collection/Other Creator
- Simpson, Randolph Linsly, 1927-1992
- Collection Date
- circa 1728-1991 (bulk 1850-1970)
- Collection Note
- Series III. Artifacts
- Container / Volume Information
- Box 41 | Folder 1173
- Finding Aid
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- three dimensional object
- Resource Type
- Prints & Photographs
- Subject (Name)
Cotton States Exposition (1895 : Atlanta, Ga.)
Douglass, Frederick, 1817?-1895--Portraits
Pairpoint Manufacturing Co.
- Subject (Topic)
African Americans in popular culture --19th century
Souvenirs (Keepsakes)--United States
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record