Her Royal Highss. Augusta Princess of Wales [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Her Royal Highss. Augusta Princess of Wales [graphic]
- Her Royal Highss. Augusta Princess of Wales [graphic]
- Alternative Title
- Her Royal Highness Augusta Princess of Wales
- Simon, John, approximately 1675-1751, printmaker
- Published / Created
- [not after 1751]
- Publication Place
- J. Simon
"Portrait half length, in oval frame, directed towards right, facing towards and looking to front, pearls in hair, earring, curl on left shoulder, jewelled bodice, coronet on cushion to right."--British Museum online catalogue
Title from caption below image.
State from: Smith, J.C. British mezzotinto portraits.
Date of publication from the British Museum online catalogue, registration no.: 1902,1011.4209.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark.
Mounted on leaf numbered 6 in an album of 49 prints: sheet 60 x 47 cm.
Bound in full red levant by Lloyd Wallis & Lloyd. For further information consult library staff.
- 1 print : plate mark 34.7 x 25 cm
- [State 1].
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 75 P839 800 v. 1 (Oversize)
- Collection Title
- Portraits of ladies in mezzotint.
- Collection Date
- [England], [between 1684 and 1799?]
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Mezzotints England London 1751
- mezzotint ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Augusta, Princess of Wales, 1719-1772,
Augusta, Princess of Wales, 1719-1772
England > London > 1751
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)